I made it through practice today and my hip was great. Now with a little break until Tuesday, I should be tossable as a kitten on codeine for rugby. I ran with my podiatrist's shoe inserts today and my feet felt great. Practice is now complete with much more skill work, which is a welcome change. Only the end today was fitness, but it was murder all the same.
Session 1-Anaerobic Games: ball passing in space, partner tag off-sides touch (throw the ball wherever you want and only your opposite can catch you,) goal line defense. I made good passes today and ran into space well, scoring a couple of tries in the defense game. One minute water break.
Session 2-Defenseive Line: offense and defense in equal line with focus on identifying your mark, communicating, setting up inside to push outside, and communicating man-on or drift defenses and contact tackling.
Session 3-Fitness: partner runs 140m (two field widths) with ball held in front while you stay behind the sideline and perform either burpees, pushups into bridges, lunges, clockwalks, tuck jumps, or situps until partner returns at which point he does the exercise and you run. That is one repetition. One set is at least six repetitions and so includes all the aforementioned exercises and at least 840m running. If players fail to carry the ball in front, run sprints and return. If players ask how many reps we're doing, they are unanswered and one is added to the end. One minute water break, 2 sets performed.
On Wednesday I hit a 100kg Clean with a high catch and good form. The high catch means I have more in me, as I need to learn to drop to receive the weight lower. Nonetheless, 220lbs with learned form after 5 sets of heavy singles and 9 sets of doubles and 9 sets of Snatch triples made me feel great at the end of the workout. I celebrated with 4 sets of overhead squats and then ate a small child.
My new goals are to find a part-time job and take a Maori or Samoan language class. Colin and Rania will be coming down to stay with me in a week and a half. I am excited.
Thursday, March 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2009
(66)
-
▼
March
(17)
- Back to Business
- Sigh
- Try!
- Dear Merritt
- One Day Late
- Here we go again
- Change-up
- just a little something
- He's In the Back Line Now...(banjo plays...)
- This is Your Brain on Drugs
- and God said let there be Freedom and it was delic...
- sorry sorry sorry and a river tramping
- Blood Freak
- Podi-Training
- New Colors, Format
- Iron and Spine
- Little America
-
▼
March
(17)
1 comment:
congrats on eating the small child
Post a Comment