Saturday, March 14, 2009

Change-up

Went out with my Canadian friend Dave last night and ended up sending some funny e-mails before the night was through. Half the women we saw were hookers, with the other half sadly not quite lookers. Dave doesn't care, as he's practically married so we made the best of it by seeing a homegrown Kiwi bluegrass band complete with a man banging on a box. Have you ever seen people dance at a bluegrass show like they would in a techno rave? Kiwis are strange. We made fun by finding interesting city spots to turn into bathrooms and discussing how racist the UK is.

Interestingly, Dave played for a Quebec Uni All-Star team that played against the Canadian national rugby team. They were thrashed 85-7, but in the first ten minutes, Dave scored on Canada to put the college kids up 7-0. It's his crowning achievement thus far in his 27 years and kind of puts stiffarming Jako to shame. I'll have to try to bite Dan Carter's ear off after a game or something. The Crusaders drew the Force tonight, which I think makes them winless in their last three or four endeavors. Pathetic.

My first game is coming up in one week and I am nervous. However, my friends shall arrive Monday afternoon and all will be well in the neighborhood.

5 comments:

Ben said...

don't be nervous:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjXO308_mKM

Nick said...

That's fucking great, Ben. Fucking awesome. Thanks.

Amy said...

I found the greatest website in the world. It's all the horror movies I could ever want in one place. And they have Moontrap, so I'm watching that.

And Quebec is awesome.

I miss you so much, but I have the one picture of you with a hitler mustache that makes me smile every time.

-Amy

Nick said...

MOONTRAP!!!!!

Have you seen Blood Freak, Amy?

Amy said...

Sadly, no. But I can remedy the situation. And I am very interested to see what happens to the evil giant rabid turkey on the cover.

Contributors