Saturday, March 14, 2009

Here we go again

It's our last morning here on The Blueberry Farm (well, we'll technically be here tomorrow morning, but not long enough to fully lift our eylids). Tomorrow night we'll be reunited with Nick in Christchurch.

When we first arrived Mandi Lynn warned us that people often stay here longer than originally intended. I didn't think we'd fall into that category - not because the place didn't look promising, but because it still felt (still does feel) like we had a long way to go. But like many who have come before we fell in love with the Blueberry Farm and stayed for not one, not two, but three weeks and then came back for one more. It was amazing to be able to come back to a place on a trip like this - see familiar faces and be welcomed 'home.' For the past week we've been a group of 6 Americans, which is fun and odd and adds to the homey feel in a foreign country. But the hominess is settling into a routine and this trip is not about routines for me - there's just too much yet to learn and surprisingly little time to do it in. It's hard to leave friends, but we will stay in touch.

As I finish off my slice of morning blueberry sponge cake, I am off to take some goodbye pictures and do a few last day chores.

By the way, Lazarus is still alive, but definitely at the bottom of the pecking order. Even Dumbledore (the giant dumb five-toed rooster) chases him away from the food pellets.

1 comment:

Patsea said...

Good travels darling daughter. I love your adventuring spirit. Today is Milly's birthday. I made a cake and a sort of Irish dinner with hamsteak and potatoes and cabbage. We did a dumb-supper with her. Chatted about things she and the gangsta angels would be working on like helping Obama get the executive porkers at the banks. I did a workshop with Dory this weekend. Made a panther mask - black- when I look throught he cloth at the eyes of course I see rainbows. Love Mum

Contributors