Wednesday, March 11, 2009

and God said let there be Freedom and it was delicious

I/we did a big ol' down cuntry, God I love america, in the good name of freedom fry-up last night. Rania made home fries and I made 23 million spicy Thai wings and a feta and thyme dipping sauce. I was given vivid flashbacks of Italy, especially the night of the NFL Europe game, and our loving destruction of Hrothgars apartment senior year following bro-tally hardcore weightlifting sessions. I can still hear the faint sound of a 442 pealing out in the distance.

Accordingly consider the following a dietary compliment to Nicks fitness regiments

Colin's Original Spicy Thai Wings
(you should eat a minimum of twenty following every work out)
makes 40 wings or so (hopefully fifty, it all depends on how many wings you bought)

-1 Huge pack of discount free-range organic chicken wings or "Chicken Nibbles" if your in NZ
-Canola or vegetable oil
-1 1/4 cup White flour
-1 tbsp Ground black pepper
-1 tsp Salt (I actually used garlic salt but thats just because thats all we got, it was good though)
-1 1/2 cups Thai Satay Sauce (I used "Sone's Satay Sauce" but if you want to make your own good on ya)
-Thai style hot sauce (again I use "Sone's Salad Sauce" I am not in cahoots with Sone I just grabbed what ever was in the kitchen)
-1/4 lb Butter

Pure an inch and a half of oil in the bottom of a big pot or pan and begin heating slowly (cover). While that is heating, mix together the flour, pepper and salt in a medium size boll. Roll a dozen or so wings in the flower completely covering them (the flour will stick the best if the wing is refrigorater temp or colder some people even put the breaded wings back in the frig for ten minutes before cooking. I think it works just fine without doing that). Carefully place the breaded wings in the hot oil. The oil should rapidly boil up around the wings if it's hot enough. The wings will need to cook for 3 to 5 minutes (they will rise to the surface when they are ready). In the mean time mix together the butter, satay sauce, and hot sauce (add hot sauce to taste) in a smaller pot on low heat until well blended (if you make it too hot you can add straight peanut butter [gay peanut butter won't work {...because its too HOT!!}]). Your wings should be done now. Use tongs to move the wings from the oil and into your sauce (you may want to first take out a single wing and cut it open to make sure they are done) make sure you wings are totally covered in the sauce before moving them to the serving dish. Repeat until all the wings are cooked.

Any good American sour mash whiskey will make a grate complement i.e. Maker's Mark or Jack Daniel's

Feta and Thyme Dipping Sauce
(I made this up [with the help of Mary who went to cookery-school] because we didn't have ranch dressing [old faithful] or blue cheese [the quintessential])
-200g Feta
-3 tbl Mayonnaise
-1/4 cup Milk
-1/2 tsp Pepper
-1 tbl Fresh thyme (bruised)

simply mix the above ingrediance you may need to add more milk if it's still to thick

No comments:

Contributors