Friday, January 16, 2009

Waimauku

We left Antara this morning and got on the bus back down southward to Auckland and were picked up by Hannah Strueder. After several stops to get produce and "milch" we arrived at our new digs in Waimauku. Gorgeous. We are at the top of a large hill surrounded by trees, bush, and grass. There are horses, dogs, cats, and sheep at various junctures around the property. We have our own two-bedroom guest house with a full bath, couches, a porch, and storage. Classy. The Strueders have an enormous 10x8 foot glass door to their porch, and served us "coffee," which was actually cappuccino, in a delightfully German way.

After originally deciding to title this post "Colin tripped on a displeased goat," I decided I didn't want to stay completely on topic and went a little fantastical.











We'll be splitting more firewood for a while, but not with an axe and a maul for a bit, we have a hydraulic splitter. Yeah.

The craziest thing to me is still the difference in the sun here. It is summer, but if you have a little breeze and sit in the shade, you'd swear it was late fall. Then you step out into the sun and you're absolutely burning. Thank you, ozone hole.




I'm going to try to upload a metric scheissload of our pictures in this post. I don't know how this will turn out.

3 comments:

baileyrayne said...

Everything looks so beautiful! I'm so jealous. The current temperature in Greensboro today is "30 but feels like 21".

I definitely wanna see more pictures.

also - I thought you guys should know, the word verification word I have to type in to post this comment is "brolho".

Brad Maine said...

17° here in Maine today. Yesterday it only got up to 7°, and it was down to -14°overnight. Three days of snow are predicted. But we aren't jealous. It looks lovely down there... the alternate "Way life should be!"

Unknown said...

bootay shorts.

Contributors