Colin and I will be heading to a blueberry farm outside of Wellington quite soon (maybe tomorrow?). They are going to a big festival on February 7th, which they need help getting ready for. They'll be making pancakes, ice cream, and blueberry sauce for the occassion. If nothing else, it'll be a delicious excursion!
We are staying in a hostel room with three lovely people from Austria. A young dreadlocked couple and the woman's aunt.
I keep being surprised by the little differences here. Coffee is either instant or an espresso drink. Bacon is ham (canadian). Bathing suits are togs. I haven't quite figured out tipping customs. Milkshakes are very hard to find. Race relations are different and yet not so different. There is somehow more money in my bank account every time I look at it (hooray exchange rate!)
I'll probably be posting next with purple fingers.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2009
(66)
-
▼
January
(13)
- The Bopping around continues.
- Facts About New Zealand
- welcome to windy wellington... mates/ mate-ets
- New President, New Bestiary, Same Same, But Differ...
- Dear Toilet, I am Sorry... (--Colin)
- Windgut Shitking
- Blog Learning Curve
- Waimauku
- Herro
- Colin Ate a Cat
- New Z-land Suckas
- Auckland
- This is Colin
-
▼
January
(13)
1 comment:
Come back home, please. I started thinking about you when that song call on me came on the other day, and it's put me into a nick-missing funk. Most unpleasant.
Post a Comment