Upper Hutt is your rural town. Like all of NZ, the rat tail is “in” but it has a unique flair (or scraggly as it were) here, a necessity if the patrons (of said hair cuts) want to keep up with the overly abundant and oh so trashy mullet craze up here in Upper Hutt. A woman was sighted the other day sporting a short cropped poof on top and a mid back waterfall down the back (all helmet in the front, all party in the back). They boast having their own Liquor Land (“there’s no land like it”) and motorbike/ quadbike accessible hiking trails. (Really I thought things were going to be different half way around the world. Even our hostess, a military brat from Georgia is quite disgusted by the hick-i-tood). So needless to say there isn’t much to do on a rainy day. I tried reading and started to feel sleepy so I turned to something, which would require less brain power than sleep: STAR WARS RACER REVENGE for PS 2. Unfortunately I literally beat the whole game in half an hour and (not literally) beat the pants off every record held by the ten year old kid who owns the game (looking at the case now I can see that the game is rated G 8+, but whatever). And now I’m just trying to resist starting Rampage Total Destruction, a first person destroyer game were you play a person who has turned into a giant gorilla because they drank an experimental soda. Your objective is to get new powers (to help you destroy) which are released when you smash a building to the ground…
…Coming back to the computer four hours later now. We did go outside and face the rain; we put on gumboots (rubber boots) and rain jackets and walked down to the river to see our usual swimming hole. The clear still water was over run by brown rolling waves. Rania and I through a boulder into the current to see if it would move and promptly realized that we would have no real way of knowing unless it really moves (I’ll keep you up dated I’m sure you all want to know).
Peace and Love
3 comments:
Colin I love you. The bit about the ps2 game was hilarious. I just realized I'm shit at rugby. The Div 1 flyhalf, who is a provincial select side player as well, was at our practice today and had to order me around like a puppy that doesn't understand any commands. Nick! NICK HERE! Maybe I'll try to be a hooker instead of a center, hehe. You guys get ahold of Tre and get on down here. My coach wants to have me over for dinner.
Colin, this is your father... the one that taught you not to take foolish risks, or encourage others to do same. Leave the rock alone. You have three more months of NZ to enjoy. If it is any consolation, it is raining here in Maine too. Rain in Maine in February! Thank God there isn't climate change.
Nick I would say there is a far greater chance that: you are playing for a team you've never played for in a position you've never played and are trying to live up to the standered of a semi profesional athlete you've never met
than: you suck at rugby
ps: remember your manners southern man
Post a Comment