I've been working pretty hard, pretty non-stop, pretty whatever. I'm finally paying a little bit for it. Here's the rundown.
Monday- 40reps Full-Cleans, 60 reps Front Squat. (negligible irritation on outside of hip)
Tuesday- Conditioning [in last post]. (irritation still there, but seems fine)
Wednesday- 40reps Full-Snatches, 17 reps Front Squat with more weight. (irritation turns to dull pain throughout sets, settles as acute pain during certain movements after I get home)
Which, it seems, turns into:
Thursday- No Practice
Friday- No Lifting
Sunday- No Rugby 10's Tournament (I was scheduled to play on the 22 and under team.)
I'm sure it's just a pain that comes with pushing the body faster than it adapts, flexibility-wise. I've never been able to do front squats with form as good as I'm using now or as deep as I'm doing them now, both of which require higher degrees of flexibility that I haven't explored. Take into account the weight is the most I've done that exercise with and I logged 77reps without a true rest day and it's no wonder I got tweaked. Again, I'm sure I'll be fine, it's just frustrating that it's happened right before my first exposure to the NZ style of game.
I have appointments tomorrow with the sports massage therapist and the podiatrist. Both of these appointments will help me get back up and training and figure out exactly what's stressed and how. These appointments have been great so far, and are possible because of the easy exchange rate. For now, I'm learning to listen much better to the little bits of info my body is giving me to become a smarter athlete. I'm icing and taking ibuprofen and I'll have at least the next three days rest, which is fine anyway because I'll be able to chill out with Trey more while he's here.
Speaking of that, I need to go pick up those tickets.
To come: pictures of Sumner Beach, Hurricanes @ Crusaders, Gravity Gym, more rugby.
Wednesday, February 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2009
(66)
-
▼
February
(16)
- Listening
- A Linwood Practice
- End of the Day
- Battlestar Galactica is a Dreadful Show, and other...
- How Can I Tell You?
- Where am I?
- Crusaders 19 - 13 Chiefs
- Minnow
- The Akatarawa River
- Upper Hutt + Rain =...
- At Least Thunderdome is Bike Friendly
- My House in Thunderdome
- Oh, Martinborough
- Digging
- You Can't Quit
- I Want to Sleep for Weeks
-
▼
February
(16)
1 comment:
get that arthritis cream and a heating pad. your form is going to be sick.
Post a Comment