Monday, February 9, 2009

At Least Thunderdome is Bike Friendly

...by day.

I got my new bike today. It's a white/blue fixed gear on a '79 Raleigh frame with a shiny blue chain, and a front brake, which is technically cheating, I guess, but I didn't want to die trying to figure out left-hand traffic on my first day riding out of the city center. However, after the first half-hour of riding I've gotten the hang of braking with the feet and sort of prefer it if I have time to think about stopping. I was so nervous to get on it the first time, as I haven't ridden a bike in ages, that I walked it out of the shop and out of the city center before I got on it in an apartment parking lot. However, I did proceed to ride it around after that in shiny white shoes and the shortest tiny white shorts possible.In other news...
I have an appointment with Jace, the trainer tomorrow morning to begin my supplementary lifting and strength balancing regimen, and I'll be coming in an hour early to practice on Thursday and several days a week afterwards to get strategic and skill work in with Scott. I have more ground to cover than the kiwis, so I'll be working harder than the kiwis. My club is great. I'm getting personal training, private coaching by the D1 coach, basically free physiotherapy and evaluations, access to all the club amenities, and any time I mention something someone is trying to help me with it. I had to turn down offers for a bike helmet today just because I mentioned my bike. And this all comes with registration, which is about $40.00USD for the entire year. I really like living here, but I love yall and miss you a lot.

2 comments:

Ben said...

we miss you too, nicholas. gimme dem weight liffin' programs.

Colin said...

and thus was born the first inde-jock

Contributors