What started as a rough and even match blew open in the second half as the fitter team walked away. Sydenham's midfielders were unable to move the ball wide or poke holes through our inside back line and were forced into kicking on most occasions. Linwood's play was steady throughout the match and, again, all that held us back from a 50-point game was a bunch of senseless penalties. My first 15 minutes weren't the greatest. I'm still getting used to the position and made a couple of thoughtless mistakes, like not chasing my own kick and forgetting to kick a ball out of our tryzone. Eek. As the game went on, though, I grew into it a fair bit and started making good decisions. I scored a try that was called back due to a mildly forward pass, and caused a crucial knock by making the hardest hit of the game at full speed down the sideline off a wipers kick. I found the places I needed to be, made several 30+ meter runs, won about four rucks, and missed no tackles. I was also told I'm the fastest player on the Division II team, and my coaches were all happy with my progress, so I guess there's that.
I was going to cut my hair, but instead I got french braids.
4 comments:
Didn't chase your own kick? Nicky, come on even I know that! haha just kidding. This post makes me happy. I love rugby and love that you love rugby!
-Hillary
french braids! hurray!
by the way, have you any thoughts on what you'll do when you come home? i want to know when i get to see you again!
Yeah, I'm going to do my resume while in Seattle and find places in Richmond, DC, Greensboro, and Charlotte to send it to. I don't want to live in Greensboro, but I know lots of people I like there. I want to get started in inner-city afterschool programs.
Post a Comment