Okay, so even in my paradise of rugby and weightlifting there must be room made for variety. Variety, however, comes in positives and negatives.
Pro: I went rock climbing for the first time the other day at a local climbing gym. I've never felt so useless! I was great for about thirty minutes, and after that I couldn't hold a soda can. Not that I drink soda.
Con: The neighbors got robbed... by the neighbors. Apparently this girl's boyfriend took some things from the house and wasn't allowed back. He took this to mean he was allowed back with a moving van and proceeded to relieve these kindly UK travelers of a laptop, lots of cash, a camera, and some other junk. I'll update you when I hear the ending, but what a dumb toolbag.
I went to Queenstown over the weekend to see a friend of mine. The town is gorgeous, set on a lake inside tall mountains, and every house on the hill has that view. The rivers in Otago are full of rock dust, which gives them a bright opaque color and creates the illusion of flowing solid rock or icy syrup. I've never seen anything like it. What's funny is the rent there is the same as my flat! Well... gotta pay to play, I guess. My friend Hana is a hard lady. She's an NZ-Maori U21 Canterbury hockey rep and now practices at wing for the local men's rugby team. We pretty much have the same hobbies, so it was great to see a beautiful new place and do nothing but watch the NRL and eat junk food. The picture above is the view from the deck.
My Killer-B's mucked up a close game with Lyttleton over the weekend I was gone and sunk to 2-2 on the season. Our seniors, however, are 4-0 and will play Christchurch for the top spot in Div-1. More to post but my computer is running out of battery. I've been doing a shit ton of research on athletic training and body segment lengths. Not surprising, really.
1 comment:
that's a really awesome picture.
if it helps, greensboro isn't so bad after a while. and i know that i'm saving a shit ton compared to all the other folks living in more expensive cities.
of course, a change might be nice once i get some savings together. i have my heart set on a city at some point in the near future. but i just love saving money.
in short, regardless of where you end up, i will find your ass. assuming it's still as gigantic and easy to spot as it was before you left.
Post a Comment