Tuesday, September 30, 2008

More Successes


I deactivated my facebook. I think it was negatively contributing to my mental sanity. I'm a naturally curious person, and I came to dislike being able to see everyone's interactions that I wasn't a part of. It felt weird. I like not having it. I want more of my interpersonal relations to be face-to-face or at least over the phone. Faces and Voices.

My battlebabies notched a huge victory over Elon on Friday night. Going winless against them for the last three years built up a great desire to put them to the sword, and down 14-5 after the half I didn't think it was going to happen. The game was played almost underwater. It was that wet out. But in the last twenty minutes our team's hard work paid off and the kids' fitness carried them at a pace Elon couldn't match. I am their strength and conditioning coach, and to watch the smallest team in the division demolish a bigger pack in the scrums and lineouts, and take the ball over the gain line with a tenacity that never let up really put a smile on my face. The picture is of a scrum where you can see how much harder we hit them. Our forwards are blurry, and they're just receiving the hit. Final score: 18-14

Something more sour, however, is my shoulder. My AC joint has decided not to heal the bridge between the A and the C... and my shoulder and collarbone aren't coordinating movements very well. I'll see my trainer Calvin tomorrow and work on it.

1 comment:

baileyrayne said...

I took that awesome picture.

Contributors