Monday, September 22, 2008

Farms and Rugby

I am e-mailing farms to make sure there is work available deep into the fall/winter. I'm thinking about how transportation might work as far as getting around the Christchurch area, or getting out of the Christchurch area and back. I'm debating roadbike versus scooter versus bus pass. There might be some opportunity for paid work outside of the farm as well, which would help the trip immensely from a we-have-no-money standpoint.

My kids recorded a 17-14 win over the Triad Dogs on Saturday. I had to play at loosehead prop for the full 80 minutes because our front row was pretty much gone. We started without 6 of our best forwards (a pack is composed of 8 total,) and the second half was played by 5 very new second-side backs. Despite that, the GRFC boys came out on top versus the 2008 USA Rugby South's D3 Men's Finalists (#2 team in the D3 South.) Perhaps the biggest win in our club's history as far as the level of competition goes, so I'm psyched. Their next game is versus Elon University, who won our collegiate matrix bracket in the spring.

No comments:

Contributors