Saturday, September 13, 2008

eggfarmrocketship portal


This is the blog for Nick, Colin, and Rania's adventure in sustainable/organic agriculture work in New Zealand. I hope Colin and Rania will eventually post here, too, but I will definitely be writing as much about the trip as I can since this will be my main form of communication with Americans during those 5(?) months. I've gone rather sour on facebook and plan on deactivating it before I leave. I will also try to make sure this site has as many photos as possible. New Zealand is beautiful by all accounts.

We will most likely be on the south island near Christchurch. Colin and I will also hopefully be practicing and playing with the Linwood Bulls (a strong and well established rugby club in the area) as well as doing everything we can to maintain and improve the health and strength of our bodies. To these ends, there will likely be write-ups and pictures of odd or makeshift strength training activities and anything we do related to the unofficial national Kiwi sport of eggballwar.

New Zealand is also noted for being very environmentally conscious and conservationist (at very least when compared to the competition) so we'll probably want to write about neat little things we learn there that might change our approach when back home. If you'd like me to check out anything specific let me know.

Right now we're grinding trying to save as much money as possible for the tickets and trip. Blah.

-Nick

2 comments:

Charles said...

Sweet. Look out for Orcs down there.

Unknown said...

there must be a better picture of the three of you.

Contributors