My knee doubled over itself sideways in a tournament semi-final versus Washington Irish on Saturday, causing a couple loud pops and a sickening feeling of disconnectedness in my leg. Essentially, my right foot planted firmly and attempted to drive my body left, but my knee continued to go right and snapped whatever was keeping it from doing so. I went to the ER and will likely require surgery on top of whatever else I needed surgery on anyway.
There is a disconcerting lack of pain. With something as major as this I would expect to be dealing wit heaps of it. The doctor thinks for the time being that it is ligament damage. But as I'm sitting down writing this, there is no pain whatsoever; only when I touch the outsides of the knee. Standing on the leg is a different matter, and somewhat akin to balancing a stick on top of a tennis ball on top of another stick. There is no stability. It could be a ligament, cartilage, both, or multiple combinations of both.
On the plus side, I had been seeing this year as a "down" year to rehabilitate my body and enjoy myself without athletic pressure. I suppose I could see this as a sign to "slow down" and get everything right and squared away before I push it again.
In addition, we won the 2009 MARFU Sevens Open Championship (for non Super-League or D1 clubs) with two come-from-behind matches in the semi-final and final games.
So...whatever...
No comments:
Post a Comment