Thursday, May 14, 2009

Making Up for Lost Calories

Last weekend was the Div-2 Kangaroo Court. I will never laugh at a kangaroo again. In addition to all the drinking and rough-housing you'd expect, I ended up in a weird sports costume party in the back of an ale house with my prop partner Bones, who was wearing full American football gear and threatening to tell the physio that I thought she was cute. My well thought out response was to walk home from said party at 10:00pm, from the other side of the city, in the rain. I showed up soaking and sauced and proceeded to battle out a 45-minute wrestling match with my Kirkcaldy, Scotland-native flatmate which resulted in several half-assed submissions and him closing the bathroom door on my torso repeatedly. Everyone was impressed. I ended up with a case of acute gastritis, couldn't eat properly or sleep more than an hour at a time for five days straight due to the pain, and nobody feels sorry for me nor should they. Fantastic times in the Linwood!

Back on the up and up now. In other news, here's a little clip of our Div-1 side taking on Syndeham. The #11 winger, Sam Lemalie, played some games with us in Div-2 earlier in the season and picks up a try off a nice little run here.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwFSw1PqEFg

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My mom told me you were in the hospital for "carousing". Should have known kangaroo court was involved. NOTHING good comes from them!
-Hillary

Nick said...

Wasn't only that, but yeah...

Contributors